School Arrival and Dismissal Procedure
Our goal is for students to arrive and depart in a safe and orderly manner. Please notify the office by 2:45 if there is a change to how your student will go home that day.
Upon arrival, students are given hand sanitizer and a breakfast and proceed to their classroom.
Parent Drop Off
1. Students may be dropped off no earlier than 8:40
2. For safety, please follow the directions of our staff. They will guide parent drop-off so that traffic runs smoothly and safely. Please remain in your car during drop-off time. Drive to the curb in front of the school before letting your student out of the car. Students will exit the car on the curb side of the vehicle.
3. If you student is walking from home, they can enter the school grounds on the sidewalk in front of the school. Walking from home means that the student is not receiving a ride to a spot near the school to avoid the line of cars. Walkers walk from home.
Thank you for your cooperation so we can ensure safety and respect our neighbors living in the surrounding neighborhoods.
1. Students walk with their teacher from the classroom to bus/pick up. They are expected to walk in a line, following their teacher.
2. Once students are outside, they may not return to the building to use the bathroom, go back to the classroom, etc.
Parent Pick Up
1. Parents remain in cars in line outside the front of the school. Make sure the light blue card with your child's name is on the dashboard of your car. Drive to the appropriate grade level to pick up your child.
2. Follow the directions of our staff.
3. Be prepared to show ID if you do not routinely pick up your child. This is to ensure the safety of our students.
4. If you are walking from home to pick up your child, please wait at the end of the sidewalk outside the fence. If your child does not usually walk home from school, you must let the office know before 2:45 so a note can be sent to the teacher. Walking students wait in a different place than students who are riding in cars.
4. To take your student out of school early, please come to the office by 2:45 pm to sign them out of school and avoid being caught in after school pick-up traffic.